Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Tiny Specks of Misery

We've looked at virus versus bacteria and how it's not always easy to distinguish between infections caused by the two as the symptoms often feel the same (and are often self-inflicted collateral damage as your immune system returns fire). Viral infections tend to get better after the first few days, while bacterial infections get worse over time.

This week, a first-hand look at how a virus can do you in.

TTFN, Fred.

Quote of the week: "I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see." - John Burroughs (US essayist & naturalist, 1837 - 1921)

(scroll over or click on iPaper below to have a drop-down menu that includes a print option)

Tiny Specks of Misery


No comments: