Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Defeating the Demotivator

It was about this time a year ago I found myself unemployed, wondering how I was going to make the mortgage payment, and pretty darn depressed. I wasn't getting much response to the gazillion resumes and feelers I had send out, and I could feel the blackness surrounding me. I'd been there before (depressed, not unemployed) and could tell when it was getting close to overwhelming me.

What did I do? Well, I laughed. A lot. And cried. Not as much as I laughed, but enough. Then I said enough of this, and kicked myself in the behind and started sending out more resumes.


Will my actions work for everyone? Of course not. The point is I confronted what was demotivating me and moved it aside so I could get on with my life. It's what each of us has to do in, some form or fashion, when life hands us lemons (or potentially any other citrus we weren't expecting).


This week, a look at defeating the demotivators.

TTFN, Fred.

Quote of the week: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation, "The Drumhead"

(scroll over or click on iPaper below to have a drop-down menu that includes a print option)

Defeating the Demotivator

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Really good post!