Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Talking to Kids About Quality Improvement

Like many people, I carry home the smells of my job. My last stop each day for one employer was the bakery, so those days I smelled like cinnamon or cookies. I have also arrived at home smelling like peanut butter, onions, garlic and cooked fruit. All of these odors helped me describe to my daughter what I really did each day at work, as trying to explain to a child what quality control and assurance was really about was not on my list of things to attempt.

I never considered using M&Ms to explain quality to anyone before. Maybe it is because always eat them first and ask questions later.

This week, a look at how to talk with your kids about quality improvement.

TTFN, Fred.

Quote of the week: "The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be." - Douglas Adams (English writer and dramatist, 1952 - 2001)

How to Talk With Your Kids About…Quality Improvement

No comments: