Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Duncan Hines

Cakes paved the way through many of our lives. Birthdays, social gatherings, special events, all were likely celebrated with a cake. Once I learned how to use the mixer I was hooked. I grew up making Bundt cakes, as I liked the shape and the Pillsbury box mixes came with the cake, filling and glaze all in one box.

I never wondered if the Pillsbury Dough Boy was real, but Betty Crocker included a face that I thought belonged to someone. Betty didn't seem to age but did change over the years into other women to keep up with the times. Once I knew that I figured none of the names used were real. Little did I know that Duncan Hines was a real person.

This week, a look at Duncan Hines.

TTFN, Fred.

Quote of the week: "Think not those faithful who praise all thy words and actions; but those who kindly reprove thy faults." - Socrates (Greek philosopher, 469 BC - 399 BC)

Duncan Hines by fredwine on Scribd

No comments: