Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

In the United States, New Year's Eve is a major social holiday. Who doesn't like to stay up late, party, and watch the new year ring in? Being more pragmatic, I watch the ball drop in Times Square at 9:00 pm PST and go to bed so I don't loose any sleep. I know, I know, wild times.

By the time New Year's gets to NYC, it's been going on for 17 hours. While I'm sure the Big Apple would like to think the balance of the globe holds their breath until midnight EST, that doesn't happen.

This week, a look at how the rest of the world celebrates New Year's Eve.

TTFN, Fred.

Quote of the week: "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard (Scottish theologian and broadcaster, 1907-1978)

(scroll over or click on iPaper below to have a drop-down menu that includes a print option)

New Year's Eve

No comments: