Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Flip-flops

Flip-flops are also known as jandals in New Zealand; chappal, Hawaii chappel, Qainchi (scissor-like) chappals in India and Pakistan; thongs in Australia; slip-slops in South Africa; go-aheads in the South Pacific; ojotas or chancletas in Spain; chancletas o sandalias in Mexico, Central America and South America; and japanke (literally, Japanese) in Croatia.

Flip-flops are a very basic type of footwear. I could never get used to the feel of the strap between my toes, so I don't wear them. And know I have an even better reason not to.

This week, Flip-flops: best thing you could ever have or bane to man's existence?


TTFN, Fred.

Quote of the week: "I don't believe in the no-win scenario." - Admiral James Kirk, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

(scroll over or click on iPaper below to have a drop-down menu that includes a print option)



Flip Flops